Study experiences

Hi Assalammualaikum all, I hope you guys have a good day!

Refer to the title above, today I want to share my study experiences in UniSZA as a Tesl student.

-----------------------------
Prologue

Basically, I was a Technical Science student in SMKAJB. I took Engineering Drawing but then I realised that I am more into English things so I go for taking TESL. Then, I applied all universities offer TESL or English related. Luckily, I manage to enroll in UniSZA. (my forth choice)
I really do not know where this university is actually but yeah I applied all universities offering TESL. lol I only know this university after the UPU result came out. Yes, it is in the east coast..... Terengganu. I never been here before too!


okay that's it let's go back to the main course

First of all, all first year students in UniSZA are placed in new college which is very comfortable for me.
Above is my friend Mardiana and how the college block looks like.
Each block has 5 level with 4 houses. In each house, there are 5 rooms with 2 beds.Basically, you will share room with one roommate only. Each room are occupied with 2 minimal size wardrobe (it is spacious), 2 study table, you'll get your private study lamp and also books' cabinet. The room is the only thing you have to share.
my table 
As for the courses, all students in UniSZA for the first semester will take university's subjects which are Akidah&Akhlak, Fiqh Ibadah, Pengajian Malaysia and one core subject based on your course.
You should grab this opportunity to score 4.00 cgpa because the subjects are not that hard (I guess (?))
In addition, for the curricular UniSZA offers two types of co-cu which are the ordinary and also the package. I can say that the package path is adventurous because it involves (Kesatria, Wataniah negara, Palapes, Bomba, Suksis, Siskor). The other one is just like in the high school's programmes. If you love to try something new  then better go for the package.

Me & Mardiana are Kesatria member.


My Housemates!
This one I joined a program collaborated with other packaged body. It is held at Camp IM4U outreach, Kem Merang. Owned by PPHP UniSZA
As for me, first semester quite bored in TESL course but our tradition is organising TESL get together and TESL dinner. The second year students will organised it with the help of juniors.
The yellow one is the fashionable Miss Zoey! @TESL Dinner 2018
The theme is La La Land but em yeah I don't see it too

Move on to second semester. You'll have to take 7 core subjects during this sem. I think most of it are medium difficulty hahahahahaha okay this one don't trust me! But yeah I enjoy this semester because it is like the head start studying TESL. You'll get better vision of this course which highlight TEACHING. Please please please expect to learn teaching concept, psychology and all. Things to highlight for this sem are Poem Exhibition (for Introduction to literature subject) and Anglosphere Fest (for Extra Curricular Management subject)

This is half of my batch- Anglosphere Fest 2018 organiser

 

Let's get into the third sem which my favourite so far. This is because I get more comfortable with the surrounding and friends! That's why I cherish this semester the most. Just like previous semester, we'll take 7 core subjects as well.

+ kesatria 

The lessons are much more depth to TESL world....... Oh yeah I love the Contemporary Educational Issues because it is align with current issues and! and the lecturer, Dr. Radzuwan is fun!! I enjoy his stories *include ex story, studies*
For this semester, you'll have to do microteaching which is applying the models, skills and approach you've learned into real classroom situation.

this is after Teaching of Reading microteaching

waiting for speaking test.......

End of Bahasa Melayu lectures- Sir Faradi (middle)
Yes, we have to take Bahasa Melayu but it is differ with the high school BM. You'll learn BM deeper and most of us stuck during presentation because we have to talk in proper Malay language (losing first language)
Final is done!
That's all my experiences as Tesl students so far. The third semester is challenging the most because I get homesick a lot and the stress finishing tone of lesson plans . Luckily, this bunch of people sparks my days and we did it!

------------------------
Epilogue

UniSZA students have shorter holiday than others because we have to finish diploma in 2 years only. Even our semester break is only in about two weeks. Looking at the bright side, we get longer Eid holiday than others.

That's all, if you have any questions,if you manage to enroll here please slides to my email. Also, follow my blog dude.

Adios,
Aifa


Comments

Popular Posts